Thursday 15 March 2012

Miscellaneous Art: Pareedo (A Kakashi Mourning) (Dec '08)


Description/Comments


To view the full image, rick-click on it and choose "Open image in new tab".

Original description from deviantArt: This is not part of the one deviation per week plan. It was done as a result of an overflow of emotions. I was simply pissed and sad at the same time.

First of all, I am a terrible and helpless spoilsport. A week ago Zgred2, a more or less regular reader of the Naruto manga, was whining about what had happened in the latest chapters. I asked him why, but he didn't want to tell me anything. And I didn't bother to ask again. For a while at least. During a chat at the philharmonics I finally gave in to initial curiosity. It's then that I learned Jiraya and Asuma had been killed, although surprised, I took the news more or less calmly (by my standards). But the revelation from the then-latest chapter about Kakashi-sensei's apparent death struck me a great deal more. 

Why?...

So then yesterday I succumbed to the temptation of reading the three latest chapters. And then it finally hit me. It seems like everything's wrapped up. So it seems. I was pissed off and sad, and I still am, although now there's more sadness in me than anger. After all, one's got a right to fly off the handle when their favourite character of a particular manga gets killed off... 

All that is left is to wait for another chapter, and another, and another, if need be. And see. Tsunade ex machina... please? (Phoenix Down for Kakashi-sensei anyone?) He might be in a near-death state, you know. (Oh, the mother of fools.)

Another thing is that I've been listening over and over again to Parade by Chaba, the song that is in the twelfth ending of the Naruto anime. It warms my heart, but simultaneously makes me feel tearful. I decided to include some of its lyrics in the picture. Here they are translated into English (no, I don't know Japanese, I found the translation):

The wind blows and it hurts, my love won’t go away
What should I take with me? There’s only one
It’ll never come again, never come again, it’d be stupid to throw it away
That innocent image
Surely won’t end…

Set your heart in love on fire, cross through a thousand dreams
Run right and left, through the world you hold in your hand
The clouds scatter and the sun goes down again
And the one-person parade begins to move
An adventure, a lucky day, heartbeat rising, light and darkness, an encounter, life, mutual love

There’s a night everyone’s waiting for, deep in their pockets
I hope you’ve found someone who lights you up, swims to you when you hold out your arms
With the same scenery as you...


Call me a fruitcake, but I really love and am attached to my favourite fictional characters. Somehow, they're a part of me. That's why it hurts so often, but you can't help it. That's just the way it is.

I'd like this to prove an early mourning, but we all know that most mangakas don't experience a sudden change of heart too often.

Sigh... I guess I needed to spill some of it out. I feel a little better now. I wonder what it was that I couldn't sleep yesterday - too much emotion or too much coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment